Google Website Translator Gadget

Sunday, 31 July 2011

Snurk Beddengoed - Dutch for 'Snoring Bed'


After a hectic weekend, involving a trip to Vintage, then to IKEA and today heading to the Habitat closing sale at Westfield, I've been left hankering for my bed. So I thought I'd share with you one of my favourite new Dutch discoveries, Snurk Beddengoed, which translates into English as 'Snoring Bed'.

Initially on seeing this bedding on a trip to a show in Munich I thought great concept, what a shame European bedding sizes aren't the same as in the UK; These would go down a storm. However on closer inspection, and after a quick chat to the lovely people at Snurk they're available in UK sizes too but are still on the hunt for a UK retailer.

The 'Le-Clochard' - The Tramp - bedding (pictured above) is part of a project that benefits a homeless foundation in the Netherlands. A large part of the proceeds go to various projects that help homeless youngsters.

My favourite has to be the retro fitted 'Madtress' sheets that imitate a Kapok model mattress from the 50's.

But the thought of snuggling up with these digitally printed, knitted 'Twirre' sheets is too tempting for words. I'm just off for a quick snooze...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...