Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday, 25 May 2011

The More the Merrier Candelabra from Muuto



During my visit to Clerkenwell Design Week yesterday I met Danish Design company Muuto, famous for their New Nordic accessories, lighting and furniture.
When I think of Scandinavian design plain elegance comes to mind. I was pleasantly suprised my opinion was challenged when I spotted this candelabra designed back in 2007 by Anglo Danish designer Louise Campbell for Muuto. It’s certainly elegant, but it’s also fascinatingly experimental, and you could never describe it as plain.
It’s made up of two elements and can be constructed in infinite ways. The candleholders are made of matte rubber; the arms from powder coated pressed steel. With the idea being that you construct an exoskeleton using as many elements as you deem fit. As the saying goes: the more elements you join together, the merrier the result! And you don’t need to stop at just one set.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...